Monday, December 29, 2008

RECOMMENDED READING PT. 1



i remember my mom gave me this book when i was like 12 and i never picked it up until about last year and the shit is crazy. i used to think it was Jim Jones and other corny ass niggaz that made VA cats the way they are but after reading this book, it showed that dudes from VA have been actin a damn fool since the beginning of time. its crazy because after living in VA for 5 years and being around the 7 cities so much, it gave me an even more detailed picture because i KNEW alot of the places he spoke about in the book. and its scary that niggaz in VA were crabs in a barrel the same way that they are today. there was one part where he was in a room with his girl at HER house and these VA niggaz bust in there after he was done smashing and ran train on her. yup, thats some VA nigga shit, always fuckin up peoples good times with some hoe ass shit. but the book also shows that you CAN change and get away from that but it took him gettin fired from jobs, gettin locked up, knockin up a female and so forth before he finally made a change and found his calling, but still, he changed. this should be recommended for not only VA cats but for all young black men in general. with as much time as niggas spend reading blogs, Mediatakeout and Allhiphop.com, take some time and pick this joint up and feed ya brain.

and remember what Brother Muzone said children....



become dangerous and read a fuckin book...

3 comments:

Esco said...

Excellent choice for a book. I discovered your blog from The Industry Shakedown and been following for a while now. This book was given to me by my uncle when I was about 12 years old, and I think I've read it about 5 times since then, I'm 21 now. But I do recommend it. Again, xcellent choice. I don't live in VA or in the US for that matter, but the same bullshit happens everywhere in the world, even here in Paris. Keep up the good work.

Esco said...

Also, Happy and Prosperous New Year.

One.

micAh! said...

my moms gave me this book when I was a youngn! I couldn't put it down!